About the Game
We live in a complex world. The more advanced it gets, the more vulnerable it becomes. We’ve created a house of cards. Remove just one and everything falls apart. Black Friday, a devastating pandemic sweeps through New York City and, one by one, basic services fail. In only days, without food or water, society collapses into chaos. The Division, an autonomous unit of tactical agents, is activated. Leading seemingly ordinary lives among us, the agents are trained to operate independently in order to save society.
When society falls, your mission begins.
- Take Back New York- Welcome to a new generation experience in a persistent and dynamic environment, where exploration and player-progression are essential. Teaming up with other Division agents, your mission is to restore order, investigate the source of the virus and to Take Back New York.
- A Living and Breathing World- Enter a universe where the time of day and weather conditions deeply impact your gaming experience. Use the environment to a strategic advantage to dominate fights and ambush your enemies.
- Urban Jungle- New York City is being overrun by hostile groups that are trying to take advantage of the crisis. One such group is The Cleaners, who travel throughout the city wherever the contagion levels rise. Wearing hazmat suits and wielding flamethrowers, the Cleaners leave nothing but ash in their wake.
- The Agents of the Division- Trained to act independently from any chain of command, Agents are autonomous and adaptive, working alone or in small groups. They are the last line of defense, activated when all else fails to save what remains.
- Gear Up- As a member of The Division, harness state-of-the-art technology. Customize your character and your back-pack, your lifeline in the event of a collapse, and communicate with the other agents at all times with your smart watch. Customize and level up your weapons. The choices you make will help forge a recovery or plunge the city deeper into chaos.