January 16, 2013About the Game
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is the second game in the Truck Simulator series and is a vehicle simulation game in which the player drives across a lightly fictionalised version of Europe, making deliveries and pick-ups and learning all about their vehicle.
Covering a wide swathe of Europe and the UK, the map stretches from Aberdeen to Milan, from Plymouth to Wrocraw, and it is your job to cover as much of the map as possible in order to thoroughly explore the sand-box-style game. The map keeps track of your travels and it can take up to 160 hours to fully explore every last inch of the road.
While you can explore freely, you are given quests and missions to complete in order to stay on the road and in good driving condition. The game is loosely based on the economics of a delivery driver, and the lure of cold hard cash will get you out of bed and onto the road.
What’s the Story?
Start off small, as a delivery driver for someone else, and slowly work your way up until you have enough cash to be your own boss. This process can be sped up by going to your back and getting a fat loan to buy everything you need to hit the big time right away.
Gradually you can work your way up to being the boss of a large delivery fleet with multiple trucks and drivers under your employ
Truck Models to Choose
There are a number of types of truck that the players can choose between:
- DAF: Originally styled DAV until the licence came through, there are two types of DAF truck to choose from in the game. Either truck will work well for players who are fans of the massive vehicles
- Mercedes-Benz: (Majestic until the licencing issues were sorted). The game features five different Mercedes’ vehicles, of which two are AI cars, one is a dump truck and the remaining two are drivable trucks. Perfect for those who love Mercedes’ smooth rides and effortless power
- Iveco: (Ivedo) Choose between two horses to get your deliveries where they need to go. There is also a cargo truck (which can be either a piece of cargo or an AI vehicle on the road)
- Volvo : (Valiant) Volvo seems to predominate with five vehicles spread between being drivable trucks, cargo items or AI vehicles. The companies trademark solidity and safety translate well to the small screen
- Scania: Four of these well-known trucks are available for you to choose, with at least two of them doubling as cargo items
- Renault: Two trucks and six AI vehicles or cargo items make up the French car manufacturer’s contribution to the game
- MAN: Two drivable trucks give you a solid driving choice that will get you there and back without any stress or issues